The Iowa Nutrient Research and Education Council will hosting two opportunities at the Agribusiness Showcase and Conference to improve your environmental knowledge base. Both opportunities are included with admission to the Showcase.
The Environmental Technology Forum highlights the broad cross-section of agricultural and food production technologies that assist with reducing nutrient losses from agricultural lands. Exhibitors have developed equipment, products, services, or other environmental technologies to help improve environmental stewardship of crop production.
This forum will be held at 10:00 AM on February 15 and provides 1 CEU for Certified Crop Advisors.
The Conservation College will provide an in-depth overview of some edge-of-field conservation practices included in the Iowa Nutrient Reduction Strategy which will cover facets of the practices such as:
- Identifying landscape settings where practices are applicable
- Discuss how to recognize where practices can be utilized
- Practice cost and water quality performance information
- Information on how practices are implemented and how they are managed and maintained
- Technical and financial resources available for farmers interested in practices
- Opportunities for ag retailers and CCAs
The goal of the Conservation College is to better equip ag retailers and CCAs with information about practices included in Iowa’s Nutrient Reduction Strategy and increase their familiarity and knowledge level about these practices so that they can be an information resource for their farmer customers. The Conservation College will be offered as a 1 hour session at no additional charge to those attending the Agribusiness Showcase and Conference on Wednesday, February 15, 2017.
Register for the Showcase and Conference at http://Agribizshowcase.com.